Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sheep Dog Faith


Somewhere in time, last week, I went grocery shopping like I do every Saturday.  This day, however, there was a large Sheep Dog sitting right outside the exit door waiting.   Just sitting there, staring at the door and waiting.  I smiled and assumed the owner must have gone in for something quick.  I grabbed the grocery cart pulled out my list and went shopping.

After I was done, I left and the dog was still sitting there.  By this time, there was a crowd of ladies that were approximately my age or older all standing around saying things like – look how sweet, so obedient – the dog looked a little worried to have this crowd around him, but yet he didn’t move.

That is when it came to me.  I need to have the faith of a Sheep Dog instead of the faith of a Terrier.

I had a Terrier a long time ago.  If I had taken my little dog to the store and told it to sit and wait.  He would sit, he would stay, but when my back was turned, or he could no longer see me.  He would wait; maybe a minute, and then he would come looking for me.  He would find kids to pet him, things on the ground to eat, and basically be distracted on his way to find me.

Sometimes we have the faith of a Terrier.  We know God loves us and is working out things for our good, but we think we need to help him.  We think we need to run off in search of answers instead of waiting for God to bring the answer to us.  Maybe that is not a we – but a me – I have the problem.

To me one of the hardest verses in the Bible is:

Psalm 46:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Being still is hard.  Knowing that God will be exalted and being still and waiting for it to happen.  Sometimes that is hard, but there is nothing we can do that will make God move any faster. He timing is always correct. We need the faith of the sheep dog that will patiently wait for his mater to return.  We need to patiently wait for God to bring about what we need, in His time.

 Sometimes God uses the most unusual things to teach me lesson. That day it was an obedient sheep dog.  What does God have to show you today?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment